Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 has recently received XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update and yes, this is to be remembered that the official one this time with no updates that got leaked out. Few hours ago, it got available and now all the users who have been patiently waiting for the Galaxy S2 I9100 are likely to update their phones to the recent XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update. You are now able to install XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 with the help of tutorial that is provided below. You also have the opportunity root this firmware that is given here!
As you continue reading, you will be guided on how to backup your important data, few other tips that are important to remember and after that tell you how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using ODIN. You must keep a backup of your phone . You must remember that it is an unbranded firmware, that implies that any Galaxy S2 I9100 user have the option to install it. Let’s proceed with the tutorial that is provided below.
Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S2 I9100 – New Features:
Provided below is a list of all the latest features that this ROM contains:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- Free 50GB Dropbox Storage
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
How to Install XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
Here is a detailed step-by-step instructions guide that will tell you how to update Samsung Galaxy S II to XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. If you are well familiar with the installing official updates using ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be a problem for you at all.
You must read every line with great care and you must ensure that you read the complete tutorial at least once before actually doing it on your phone.
- This Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 tutorial is just for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. You must not try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official Samsung firmware and must not be confused with a custom ROM or a modified firmware.
- Also ensure that you keep a backup of all your data in your phone before you go on.
Download Android USB Drivers to connect your device with your PC.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.1.2 build XWLS8 update for Galaxy S II I9100 that clearly implies that you will lose root instantly as you install this update. You will have to root once again Galaxy S2 in order to gain full system access and be able to install root apps once again.
Tutorial to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Step 1 - The first thing to do is that Download Android 4.1.2 I9100XWLS8 for Galaxy S2 to your computer and then extract the zip file.
Step 2 - After that Download ODIN v1.85 that will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Step 3 - You are then required to switch OFF your phone. After that you must go to Download Mode. You must be questioning in your mind, How? The answer is that simply press and after that hold the Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously, and after that press the Power button until you come across the construction Android robot and a triangle. You are required to press Power again in order to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - You must Make sure you that have your Galaxy S2 USB drivers already installed on your computer.
Step 5 - You are required to open ODIN on your computer. You must connect your phone to your computer meanwhile your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, as an indication to that one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step considerably takes more time.
Step 7 - Now when you are done with this. You may now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Here, Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Next thing, Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Later, Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if you do not see any such file.
- Now, You must click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Skip this step if there is no such file over there.
Step 8 - Once you are in ODIN, you must check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, you are required to check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the preceding step.
Step 9 - Now you are required to click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will now begin and in order to get finished will take a couple of minutes.
Step 10 - After the installation is finished, your phone will now restart. Once you see the home screen, you may now unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s all folks. Your Samsung Galaxy S II has now been updated to Android 4.1.2 build XWLS8 software update. If you want to check that you have done it right, you may do that by Go to Settings > About phone to verify what build have you have installed.